The Day Hikes of Rocky Mountain National Park Map Guide was designed to simply answer the question, “Where should we hike today?” These maps take the wonderful intuitiveness and visualization from a beautiful topographical map that Jake built from the ground up and couple it with short descriptions of all 78 day hikes that you’d get from a book to get you a sense of the trail. The magic happens with Jake’s ranking of the trails using his expertise of comparing all of them to help answer the question, “Should we hike trail A or trail B?”
To answer the question of “How hard is this trail?”, this map uses a slightly different approach. Instead of using the very subjective easy/moderate/difficult, the descriptions are grouped by distance. A brief look at the elevation change, description, and color-coded trails let you know if it is something you want to tackle. Trail steepness is calculated as level (green), moderate incline (yellow), and steep (red), so you can quickly see if the elevation change is spread out over a hike or all in one spot.
This waterproof map guide can be easily thrown into your backpack. You won’t have to spend time wondering if the trail is one you should hike, you can easily choose and go.
Map features are:
- 78 day hikes ranked by Jake recommendations
- Color coded trail segments indicate trail steepness (See product photos. If the trail is green, it’s level. If the trail is yellow, it’s got some incline. If it’s red, it’s just plain steep.)
- Descriptions give you a sense of the hike
- Distances labeled between junctions and/or features
- Family friendly and accessible hikes labeled
- Topographic lines help determine elevation change
- Printed on recyclable, synthetic paper to be waterproof and tear resistant
- Map folds out to 39″ x 26″
Denise Hunter (verified owner) –
I discovered my love of hiking just two years ago. We planned at trip to Glacier National Park and, after doing some research, ordered a Hike734 map. We couldn’t have loved it more! It had everything we needed to decide which trails to hike. The ratings were right on. Last year when we scheduled a trip to the Rockies we ordered this map, and it did not disappoint! This year we’re heading to the Tetons to hike and we will not leave without our Hike734 map! I can’t imagine the effort that goes into making these maps, but I’m so glad they’re available.