This file contains of all of Grand Teton National Park’s maintained trails as well as trails in the surrounding areas in the universal GPX format. Open the file in Google Earth, your favorite mapping application, or utilities such as Garmin’s Basemap. From there, you can plan your trip, select your trails or upload what you need to your device.
Contains trail data in five separate files. They are:
- Grand Teton Tracks.gpx – Trails within the park boundary
- Grand Teton Tracks – Grand Targhee Resort.gpx – Trails in the Grand Targhee Resort
- Grand Teton Tracks – Jackson Hole Resort.gpx – Trails in the Jackson Hole Resort
- Grand Teton Tracks – NF East.gpx – Trails in the National Forest east and southeast of the park
- Grand Teton Tracks – West Slope.gpx – Trails in the National Forest along the west slope of the Tetons
- The file has been compressed (commonly referred to as being zipped) for faster downloads and will need to be uncompressed before using. Most modern operating systems contain that capability.
- The data is of very high resolution and may be too large for some older devices. Most utilities that upload to GPS units feature an option to simplify the data before upload. Using this method or only choosing specific trails is an easy workaround.
- This is only the data. For trip planning, uploading to a GPS, etc, other software will be needed.